Yes, the starting gun has been heard and teams from many vineyards are starting to cut, pick and select the best grapes from their vines. The Chardonnays were the first to invade the vineyards last week as Meursault and Puligny Montrachet started to collect their golden nuggets.
I was lucky to be passing the famous Romanee Conti vineyard and witnessed the estate owner, Aubert De Villain, supervising operations on the most iconic and expensive estate in the world.
Just over a month until the famous auctions at the Hospices de Beaune and we now know that the Presidents barrel will contain Meursault 1er Cru – Les Caillerets!
- Vosne Tasting Club – a new tasting experience in Burgundy January 27, 2019
- To all wine lovers January 1, 2018
- 2016 pre-harvest review August 22, 2017
- Grape juice or wine – a New Year detoxification dilema! January 6, 2017
- What’s in a (Grand Cru) name? July 22, 2016
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets